Sunday, June 7, 2015

Hidden Feelings

It was once funny,
I could laugh about it,
I could brush it aside and move on,
Now it's a rain cloud tormenting my soul.

Imagination goes to far,
It floats high above the atmosphere,
In a canopy of color.

I don't know why,
You have to play with my eyes,
The picture was so perfect,
I never could have created it,
The black horse,
The clouds rushing down from the mountains,
Their fingers about to overtake you,
Consume your ink-dipped horse,
Carry you away into the emerald foliage,
 That surrounds.

Each color was wonderful,
The landscape was your fortress,
Your realm,
One moment I looked,
Though all was unnerving on its own,
You appeared and my heart was gone.

Now I struggle with an inexpiable longing,
The visual aspect of you riding,
Took me somewhere far away,
I am a fool,
But I once dreamed of something as untouchable as this.

Don't come back and spoil my picture,
It might break my thought of you,
The blue-gray mountains caressing the fields,
You stand in the middle,
A black figure on my imagination.


By Cameo Hockenberry

No comments:

Post a Comment